I’ve seen this tag floating around recently, and I’ve now been tagged by the lovely Frankie Fancies to do it myself!
The rules are simply to list 5 things that make you happy and 5 songs that make you happy, then nominate 5 other bloggers to complete the tag.
Five things that make me happy (in no particular order!)
1. This blog. I know, that seems a bit daft, but hear me out. I love writing posts for this blog, I enjoy every second of it (apart from the ones I spend waiting for my photos to upload!) and it’s so good to have found something I love so much again. But not only that; as someone whose childhood was filled with drawing and painting and writing and creativity, and whose adolescence saw all of those fade away, to discover something that ties all those elements together in a new and endlessly fun way is just so refreshing.
2. Make-up. The reasons for this are pretty much outlined in point one, but I still felt like it should be included. I get such a rush of joy every time I look at my expanding make-up collection!
3. Animals. I am such an animal person. I love fluffy little ones like kittens and bunnies and puppies, and I also have a huge love for reptiles like snakes and lizards! I’ve always loved watching animal documentaries, too. Animals are just so great.
4. Food. I was going to try and pick one kind of food to put here, but although I am quite a picky eater (trust me – it annoys me more than it annoys anyone else), there were just too many to choose from. I love almost anything garlic. Cheese is another firm favourite. And I eat popcorn by the gallon.
5. My friends, my family and my boyfriend. I can have these all as one bullet point, right? I’m lucky that after a fair few false starts in my early teenage years, I have some truly fantastic friends. I’m luckier still that my family have always been as loving and supportive as I could wish for. And my goodness, I am just ludicrously lucky to have found a soulmate in my wonderful boyfriend.
Five songs that make me happy
(This is actually quite a difficult one for me because I really don’t listen to very much music…)
1. Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
I love this because it’s so catchy but mostly because I found out it’s a mistranslation of “sex on the beach” and I think that’s hilarious
2. Cheerleader – OMI
My younger “pop-punk ’til I die” self would be appalled at me for all the dance tracks I like these days, but I have a lot of fun in clubs and I enjoy songs which remind me of that.
3. Everything’s Magic – Angels & Airwaves
All is not lost, Lonna-circa-2010. You still like Angels & Airwaves. Don’t worry.
4. Black Cat – Mayday Parade
This one is a throwback of the highest degree. One of the very first songs I ever fell in love with. (I’m getting too far down Memory Lane now, I’m going to pick another current one…)
5. Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High – Arctic Monkeys
My favourite song from the album AM. Even if the grammar in the title does bug me.
Five people I nominate
I nominate all of you! I know that’s something of a cop-out, but for some reason, the idea of tagging people to do something makes me feel quite anxious. So, please, if you want to do this tag, go ahead! You can say I tagged you if you like.
Thanks for reading!